Photo by Tony Smith from Pexels
Styling a kitchen island or a few shelves can be a daunting task, especially if the area is larger in size and you need your display to be working from multiple angles. And while there are hundreds, if not thousands, of different ways to style these tricky spaces, we wanted to share a few simple tips today to make accessorizing your butcher block kitchen island or shelves a little easier!
How to Style a Butcher Block Kitchen Island
Using your kitchen island to show off fresh fruits or flowers is a fantastic way to make use of a large basket or those pretty dishes that you’ve been saving. Using dishes that you’ve always saved for a special occasion is a great way to get some extra use out of them. The options are endless but listed below are a few of our favorite ways to style a butcher block kitchen island:
- By displaying fruit on your kitchen island, you and your family are encouraged to eat it before it goes bad because it’s always within arms reach.
- Flowers can also provide a pop of color in the center of your kitchen. Try coordinating and contrasting your flowers with the type of wood your island is made out of to add some visual interest.
- Those dishes that have been waiting to make an appearance may be able to bring some much needed pattern, texture, and personality to a typically neutral space.
- Use a collection of vases at varying heights as a focal point of the space. Start with one large vase and work your way down in size from there. Make sure to include vases of varying heights and to always work with an odd number.
How to Style Butcher Block Shelves
Open shelving provides plenty of opportunities for display and storage space. Finding a way to bring together both elements seamlessly is a great way to fully take advantage of the charm and inviting warmth of butcher block shelves. Listed below are a few of our favorite ways to style butcher block shelves:
- Combining wood with metal offers a variety of new decorating styles that range from rustic to industrial. Pairing metal frames or art pieces with the wooden planks will create an elegant and modern open shelf.
- Consider adding a few butcher block shelves in between your kitchen cabinets to display your favorite dishes and glasses. Switch up your shelves depending on the time of year to give your display a seasonal feel.
- Well-styled shelves can often take the place of traditional artwork and paintings. Rustic butcher block shelves can be used to showcase decor, houseplants, and other accessories.
What are your favorite ways to style your butcher block kitchen island or shelves?